Name:
Location: Nisshin, Aichi, Japan

Very fun group pf students at Nagoya University Of Commerce and Business Administration.

25 April 2006

Welcome to the Adventure

Well, here I am staring thirty in the face. I have left Scotland behind me and have now spent nearly 48 hours at my new home in Japan. No better time to join the technological revolution, I say. To that end I am starting a blog. Throughout my more than ten years of wandering the earth I have proved largely incapable of maintaining contact with all of the wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting. This seemed like a good solution to the problem. It also allows me to indulge in those delusions of grandeur where I imagine that everyone is as interested in my life as I am. Maybe...maybe not. Either way, anyone who is interested, to whatever degree, can keep up via this site. I hope that some of those people will take the time to peruse this site and keep tabs on my past, present and future adventures.
For those curious about the title of this blog, I refer you to the work of the late, great Samuel Beckett, the Irish writer. In one of his last works, "Krapp's Last Tape', he wrote, "My best days may be behind me, when I could have found happiness, but I wouldn't want them back! Not with the fire that's in me." As I get older I recognize more and more that regrets are not worth having. I don't know if my best days are behind me or not, but I do know that I now have a fire, a passion, that I did not when I was younger. Take it for what its worth and deduce what you will.
So here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home